Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 7, 2010

G'day family,


So this week was hectic As!! we did so much and it feels like it went by so slow but at this stage of the mission i don't mind it too much. So i have my new companion, he is from the east Side Mission his name is Elder Cody Lara from Arizona City AZ, he has been out 17 months and he actually started his mission here in mornington so he has come back to redeem his poor efforts from the last time around. he's pretty fun we work had but I'm currently trying to unwind this fool, he's a good kid but to hard on himself and his teaching and I'm trying to make him love everything a bit more. he so fun I'm glad i have him to bust my butt until i go home, this is my enduring stage and i think I'll be going till the end. I keep catching myself thinking of the work and how we'll find a whole heap and teach a lot this transfer and next transfer we'll be baptising up a storm, but then i sadly remember there will be no next transfer. :( As for this week for my birthday we had so much fun so The Kannar family and the Tennant Family took us to this national park Called the Dandenong Ranges, where they have this this called "The 1000 Steps" and there are over 1000 steps to the top of a mountain, and so before going i Spoke with Brittany Kannar and we agreed on a race to the top, she willingly said yes cause she is very fit and runs all the time and i Defiantly look less than athletic. so when we got there i saw everyone else but Britt was gone, so when i asked they said she had taken of five minutes previous, What!!! CHEATER!!! so i just was stirred up but decided to just walk with the family, but then i just decided to go for it and try to catch up with her to i started up the stairs at a very quick pace, after about five hundred steps i caught up to her friend Asha and she said that Britt was so far ahead, and i was already super tired so i sorta gave up and just strolled with Asha, but after about a minute something grew inside of me and I Wanted to have another go, so i really pushed my fatigued muscles and went hard the rest of the was and then around the next corner i see her!! so i bolt up those stairs and around people like Emmit Smith and i pass her with only fifteen stairs to go, caught and passed by surprise she grabbed my short for a last fighting effort but i Shook her and beat her by a few steps. it was glorious, she was acting like i didn't win but she was cut so deep that i beats her even when she cheated best birthday race ever!!! and family make sure you rub salt in this wound when she is at our house in a few weeks, that would be legendary, and i love it when i tell this story to people they all say at the beginning that Britt will smash me cause she is so fit but no sir not that day hahahha. then for the rest of the day we walked the national parks and fed giant white Cockatoo's there as big as eagles so intense. then i had cake at these other people's house over all it was a great birthday. the rest of the week we tried to teach people but our appointments kept falling through. but we found this great couple they are personal trainers and they own this boot camp thingy and they are letting us do it for free 6:00am every morning, I'm pumped for that so i can get even more fit before I'm home. they're great I'll tell you how their teaching goes later. we have a lot going on this week so I'm excited for it, but as for me I'm happy having a great time. Love you all family and i hope your getting ready to party this Christmas!!!


Love,

Elder Ballard

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, He is such a geek. lol. :]
    Thanks for posting Christy. Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is Hilarius! I bet you're so excited to have him home soon! Just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete